June 12, 2013

Outfit: Piazza Navona

Time to step back a few weeks and share one of the final outfits I wore in Rome. This was a hot day as you can probably imagine.... and even though the weather has been great here in The Netherlands, there is nothing like Italian sunshine. Staring at these holiday snaps makes me think about the lovely care free times we had.... Today I am a tad sad though. I just read that Charlie, the oh so masculine feline accompanying the ILV ladies at their headquarters, passed away.... I loved Charlie and the certain 'je ne sais qoui' he brought to the ILV boutique and I am certain he will be missed by many. My condolences and love dear ILV galls and may Charlie rest in kitty heaven.
Oooh how sadness like this makes me think about all the blessings I have in life, like my two furry darlings.... Ill probably cuddle them to pieces when I get home tonight. How about you dears? Got some special animal loves to think about on a day like today?


Hmmm.... anyways, I hope you will enjoy these sunny pictures. I sometimes feel a bit conscious showing holiday snaps, since I hardly wear make-up on vacation and of course I see that hahaha.... *hello woman hello* Staying right in the center of a gorgeous city like Rome was such a treat. Piazza Navona was only 2 minutes from our apartment, which was great because we were able to visit the popular square in the morning before it became crowded with other tourists. I wore a top I just bought at H&M and paired it with and easy going cotton skirt I thrifted in Naarden.











Top: H&M
Skirt: thrifted
Sandals: Zara
Scarf: thrifted
Sunglasses: Primark
Bag: vintage (I Love Vintage)

12 comments:

  1. Oh it looks soo sunny there. Wish I was thereeee. Lovely outfit-the skirt is fab.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful outfit for a day of sightseeing on foot. During the summer months, if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking on a hot day, I often reach for longer skirts, too. They help keep sunburns at bay and are surprisingly breezing if they're made of lightweight fabrics.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Although I don't really suffer from sunburns (such a blessing) I like to keep my knees covered. And of course in a city like Rome, that is the appropriate thing to do when visiting churches and other religious sights :) X

      Delete
  3. Hey,
    great pictures and a beautiful outfit! Love it.
    Kisses
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss, but you look beautiful it looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je ziet er geweldig uit hoor =)
    En van je foto's krijg ik spontaan heimwee... vroeger ging ik met mijn ouders altijd naar zuid-Oostenrijk op vakantie, en de stijl van de huizen in de steden is daar net zo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nooit gedacht, wat grappig... is ook wel logisch kwa ligging. Maar toch denk ik bij Oostenrijk altijd aan houten huisjes ofzo (lekker kortzichtig he ;))

      Delete

... it makes my day!