May 12, 2013

Outfit: Museum suit

Although it was a sunny day, it wasn't really all that warm outside. The wind is still very cold most of the time, so unfortunately we did not get to go for an outdoors activity. Instead we visited Het Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam. I usually prefer wearing flat shoes when strolling around a museum and so I took these old stock Meyer shoes out for the very first time. These pretty babies have been in my closet for years (!!) and I never felt comfortable enough to wear them.... They are just so pretty and I didn't want to damage them hahaha! Silly but true, I can cherish items for years without actually wearing them. But.... I shouldn't, so here I am finally wearing a pair of my old time favorites. Aren't they just dreamy?






Blazer: thrifted (Kringloper Naarden)
Blouse: vintage (Zipper)
Pants: vintage (Think Twice)
Bag:  vintatge (I Love Vintage)
Shoes: vintage (Old Stock Meyer)
Jewelry: antique/thrifted
Scarf: thrifted

4 comments:

  1. I love the scarf tied as a bow... and those shoes are pretty!

    Hahaha, I do the same.. I cherish my items, even when they are not worn... hence the amount of petticoats hanging above my bed hahaha.

    httpL//blingblingvintage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh they are really really pretty! I sometimes think about getting a second pair if I really like them.. just in case! Hahaha and darn that deceiving weather!! But you look super cute and colorful, those pants are fab!

    Nora
    NoraFinds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, fresh colour palette at work here. I love the combination of soft, pale buttery yellow and deep, rich rust, too (I wore an ensemble in just that pairing for a vintage outfit post last autumn).

    Fabulous hair scarf, too - you can't beat having a jaunty bow atop your head, in my books.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet outfit!
    Love

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

... it makes my day!