December 9, 2013

Thrifted: Sparklin' 1920s

I still owe you dears a post on what I thrifted in England! Now I primarily spend money on foods & drinks in the UK, so there is little to show... quantity wise that is...... but when it comes do quality, my oh my did I stumble upon yet another pearl. In a little charity shop that supports cancer research I came across this beautiful twenties inspired cocktail dress. It has the comfort of a modern dress, but the look of a true roaring gem (well, a little bit more fitted in the waist). I can NOT wait to take this beauty out..... I think I will pair her with a beautiful stole and pearls a galore...



How would you dears style this prettiness?

10 comments:

  1. Oh it's beautiful! I really love the 1940's but 1920's dresses like this one, they also make my heart melting... If you wear a dress like that you must that 'flapper-feeling' immediately!

    xoxo Little Miss Bamboo ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that is a stunning dress! Completely breathtaking <3 love it! I would style so that the dress is the centre of all the attention and just some small details, like a matching purse or so. Not to heavy jewellery :) But anything would be wonderful together with that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderfully beautiful dress! Do you know if it is hand beaded? I very much admire the time that it takes to hand bead gowns. I might suggest a nice sparkly head band (20s inspired) to match this lovely dress. Or a wonderful shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is breathtaking gorgeous!!! My goodness, what an incredible find in any setting, but all the more so in a thrift store. Congrats on your stunning 1920s style frock, dear gal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG OMG OMG !!! <3 What a gorgeous find ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Oh wat mooi! Wil je alstjeblieft een outfitpost maken met deze beauty aan? Ik ben zo benieuwd hoe die staat! Als ik het je niet zou gunnen zou ik nu stikjaloers zijn. ;) Wat een prachtige jurk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky girl! This dress is perfect!!! I want 20's dress for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooooooooooooh! Die is zooo mooi! <3 Ik ben jaloers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely with finger waves! Hope you enjoyed the UK and our many many charity shops that I often go for hunting trips with friends. Also well done for the fabulous find!
    May x
    'Walking In May' is running a *GIVEAWAY*, find out more or enter: http://www.walkinginmay.com/2013/12/giveaway-happy-3rd-blog-anniversaryand.html

    ReplyDelete

... it makes my day!